SIGNS NOW Center
The Growing Digital Graphics and Signage Industry
A Signs Now center offers customized digital imaging, graphics solutions, and other visual communication tools to businesses worldwide. Signs Now franchise members serve as consultants, offering businesses expertise on the best use of graphics and signage to promote their brand, image and marketing messages.Signs Now centers, with individual owner-operator presence, ensure true, value-added graphic communications, problem solving on the front and back end of projects and quality, on time performance.
Today, as part of a growing global industry, our franchise membershelp companies and organizations brand themselves more effectively. Our business model provides our members with the satisfaction of producing and delivering high-value products and services that drive customer satisfaction and business success.
The most recent U.S. Census Bureau data (2007), characterized sign manufacturing as an $11.7 billion industry. This significant number does not include the billions of dollars of revenue created in related business sectors such as digital printing, display advertising services, graphic design business and marketing consulting services, which are not included in the Census count. The combined revenues in these other sectors are estimated to be at least $100 billion globally. It is obvious that thedigital graphics and signage industry continues to grow as a successful and enduring enterprise.
The factors driving growth are fairly easy to understand. All types of businesses need visual communications and the need for traditional interior and exterior signage has always been steady.
Now is a great time to enter the Digital Graphics and Signage industry!
SIGNS NOW History
Of the more than 3,000 global franchisors, Allegra Network® ranks within the world’s top 200 franchisors according to Franchise Times magazine. Among business-to-business (B2B) opportunities, we rank near the very top … and have for decades. Established in 1976 and formerly known as American Speedy Printing Centers, we adopted the Allegra Network corporate name in 2000.
Today, through acquisition and organic growth, the network totals nearly 500 independent business owners who operate primarily two franchise brands — Signs Now® and Allegra® Marketing • Print • Mail. Annual system-wide sales in 2011 were nearly $300 million.Allegra Network is privately owned by an investor group including Michael Marcantonio, former V.P. of Domino’s Pizza and members of the management team.
Our leadership team was among the first to believe industry pundits who predicted a long term evolution in the graphic communications industry — from printing and signs to full-service marketing communications. In fact, Allegra Network’s aggressive plan to help transition our franchise members from sign and print owners to full-service marketing providers dates back to 2005 when the company launched “Think Beyond Ink” at its international convention.
To further validate our commitment to expanding our service offering into a wider array of B2B graphic communication services, Allegra Network acquired Signs Now Corporation in 2005 and became the first printing franchisor to complete an acquisition outside its industry. Our success and that of ourfranchise members is a direct result of living our corporate mission; to enhance the value of the businesses we serve.
|Total Number of Units:||485|
- Allegra Network is ranked in the top 200 among all franchise companies in the world by Franchise Times magazine.
- Based on the company’s financial strength, stability, growth rate and size, Allegra Network was ranked #298 in Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500® this year.
- Allegra Network was named Top 50 franchise for military veterans in USA Today in 2010.
Benefits of Owning a SIGNS NOW Franchise
Business Model Advantages
- High Margin/High Demand Business
- Leading Edge Technology
- Diversity of Product and Client Mix
- Work/Life Balance –Businesses are only open Monday through Friday
- Clean, Modern & High
- Tech Work Environment
Exclusive Benefits from an Established and Financially Healthy Franchisor
- Supported by a perennial top 200 franchise company.
- Supported executive management with more than 100 years* combined franchising and graphic communications expertise.
- An investor group with substantial financial reserves and ready access to capital.
- National Contracts Program with special discounts and services from more than 200 selected supplier partners.
- Partnering with a franchisor that has successfully completed nearly 250 mergers and acquisitions.
- Four ways to own a Signs Now center: as a new start up, by buying an existing franchise, by joining the franchise as an existing independent business owner through our Advantage Program or by buying an independent business and converting it to a Signs Now centerthrough our unique MatchMaker® Program. With an established customer base, experienced staff and proven track record in the market, our Signs Now MatchMaker program offers distinct advantages over most franchise opportunities.
Profit MateryTM and Operations
- Innovative Profit MasteryTM Program for ongoing financial modeling and performance improvement, including “peer based” Performance group interactions.
- Personal business consulting – ongoing support from a regional operations director with extensive industry experience on virtually all facets of the business.
Exit Strategy Solutions
- Resale Program: also unique in franchising, our Development Department identifies buyer candidates, qualifies them and guides you and the new owner through the steps to successfully sell your business when the time comes.
|Total Initial Investment:||$186,537 to $330,409|
|Liquid Capital Required:||$100,000|
|Net Worth Required:||$300,000|
|Financial Assistance:||Via vendor partners|
Training and Support
Initial, On-site and Ongoing Training and Support – Your training starts with the New Operator Training class at our Training Academy in Plymouth, Michigan which provides you with focused learning in the areas of:
- Financial, Operational and Business Management
- Marketing, Advertising and Promotion
- Sales Process, Customer Service and POS Training
- Staffing and Employee Relations
- Web Based Tools and Support
We will also spend two weeks with you in your center to help you and your staff successfully integrate the Signs Now systems into your center as necessary.
Our Regional Operations Directors have extensive industry experience and many are former business owners who have successfully built and sold their centers. You will work hand in hand with them on virtually all facets of the business including:
- Business analysis, guidance and action planning
- Financial management and performance groups
- Equipment, software and operational troubleshooting
- Personnel issues and more
Toll-Free, Web Based and Additional Ongoing Support – A variety of other training and support programs are also available to you and your staff including:
- Technology Help Desk support and communications
- eLearning and certifications for all staff positions
- Specialized webinars and field training
- Preferred vendor relations and new product development
- Research and Development
Networking Opportunities – You’ll also have the opportunity to network with other Signs Now owners at our Convention and Vendor Expo, Regional Meetings and other gatherings. These experiences offer ourfranchise members the opportunity to learn the latest industry trends and within our own network, while sharing time and best practices with their peers.
|Does Corporate Assist in Site Selection:||Yes|
|Does Corporate Provide Advertising and Marketing (Local, National):||Yes|
|Does Corporate Provide Continued Training:||Yes|
The initial investment for a new Signs Now center ranges from $186,537 to $330,409 and $202,056 – $350,606* for a MatchMaker center. Both include working capital and all start-up expenses, but do not include living expenses. Qualified candidates require at least $100,000 of available cash and must be able to document a minimum of $300,000 net worth.
As a result of the advanced technologies and market-driven growth possibilities, the graphics and signage industry provides new career opportunities for those with little or no experience.
Ideally, markets with 3,000-4,000 businesses that fit our standard business classification targets are optimum for a Signs Now franchise opportunity. We encourage candidates to contact us to help them determine the best market for their business.
“I have more freedom than I ever thought possible! Signs Now has made me a team member enabling me to grow with them. We are true partners in business.”
– Tim Anderson, Signs Now Owner, Rockford, Illinois
“Signs Now has always been there when I’ve needed them.”
– Roy Gonzales, Signs Now Owner, Sacramento, California
“Our corporate staff exists for the sole purpose of helping us be successful and is always coming up with new support programs. I am so sold on Signs Now that I brought three of my children into the business as partners.”
– Mary Jane Lessley, Signs Now Owner, Memphis, Tennessee
“The marketing programs have been invaluable to the overall success of our Signs Now franchise. Signs Now has created road maps to success that have taken the mystery out of marketing.”
– Jerry and Ann Swanson, Signs Now Owners, Tulsa, Oklahoma
“At the end of the day when you have a customer that leaves the center and they’re so happy and they’re pleased with the product and service that we’ve provided…that makes all the difference. Being involved with Signs Now helps us do that every day.”
– Rick and Debbie Stewart, Signs Now Owners, Lebanon, Tennessee
Top 35 Target Market Areas
Numerous opportunities are available across the United States and Canada. Please contact us today to identify what markets are right for you.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org